Roslindale has plenty to offer for those looking to relocate to Boston. Whether you’re looking for a great location, a place filled with green space, or a neighborhood offering plenty of eateries, you can find it in Boston. Here’s a look at some of the pros and cons of living in Roslindale.
Pros of Living in Roslindale
Living in Roslindale comes with many perks. Some of the pros include:
- Plenty of Eateries – Popular spots, such as Sophia’s Grotto, Delfino, Suya Join, and Shanti offer plenty of variety
- Diversity – If you want a diverse neighborhood, Roslindale offers plenty of diversity.
- Great Location – Found just 15 minutes from downtown Boston, Roslindale offers a great location for those looking to enjoy the best Boston has to offer.
- Ample Green Space – Nearly 215 acres of green space are found in Roslindale, including the 65+ acres of the Arnold Arboretum.
- Plenty of History – The neighborhood dates back to 1630 and became a part of Boston in 1870. It’s filled with plenty of history all throughout making it perfect for history buffs.
There are several other great benefits to calling Roslindale home. If you’re thinking about relocating to Boston and you want to choose the right neighborhood, Roslindale may be just right for you. Of course, it’s also important to look at the cons of living in Roslindale before making your final decision.
Cons of Living in Roslindale
While there really aren’t many cons when it comes to calling Roslindale home, there are a few. Here’s a quick look at a couple of the cons you may discover when living in Roslindale.
- Not Much for T Stops – The only T stop near Roslindale is the Jamaica Plain’s Forest Hill Station, which is on the Orange Line. However, residents often take the Commuter Rail into Roslindale Village and take bus service from there.
- Some Homes Need Renovating – Roslindale still has some homes in need of renovation, which can be looked at as a con. However, if you’re looking for a fixer-upper or you want to invest in the area, homes in need of renovation might spell opportunity.
There really aren’t many cons when it comes to calling Roslindale home. It’s a popular neighborhood with plenty to offer for green space, location, and real estate options.