You may not be craving healthy food yet, but after all that holiday cheer and another month of freezing weather your thoughts will undoubtedly be drifting to some farm fresh favorites.
Not to worry, there is likely to be a winter farmers’ market in your neck of the woods.
Throw these in your calendar with a 1 day reminder via SMS and I bet you’ll work them into your New Year’s diet plan.
1. Boston Public Market: Okay, this is not technically a farmers’ market. But the local food mecca will keep you stocked with produce, meats, cheeses, nuts, and prepared foods all year long. Be careful…there’s lots of not so healthy offerings here as well.
Wednesdays through Sundays, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. 100 Hanover St., Boston
2. Brookline Winter Farmers’ Market: Have a lazy Sunday at this market, which started up at the beginning of January and stocks a variety of produce and other goods.
Sundays, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. The Arcade, 310 Harvard St., Brookline
3. Cambridge Winter Farmers’ Market: Stocked with all the usual farmers’ market finds, Cambridge’s winter market also has a good amount of prepared and hot foods. It runs Saturdays from January through April.
Saturdays, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Cambridge Community Center, 5 Callender St., Cambridge
4. Dorchester Winter Farmers’ Market: Dorchester’s summer farmers’ markets are collaborating to keep the fun going all through winter. Each week, the market will highlight a different farmers’ market and the neighborhood it serves.
Saturdays, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. 6 Norfolk St., Dorchester
5. Egleston Farmers’ Market: Serving Jamaica Plain and Roxbury, Egleston is totally volunteer-run and meant to bring the community and local businesses together.
Saturdays, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. 29 Germania St., Jamaica Plain
6. RVMS Winter Farmers’ Market: This Roslindale market sells everything from microgreens to popovers. It’s open from January through March.
Saturdays, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sons of Italy Hall, 30 Birch St., Roslindale
7. Somerville Winter Farmers’ Market: Held every Saturday from December through March, Somerville’s market stocks produce, meat, fish, cheese, and baked goods. There’s also a rotating schedule of special events and guest vendors.
Saturdays, 9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. The Armory, 191 Highland Ave., Somerville